who we are
a look at some of our members
The Speaking Consulting Network is the number one networking organization and conference for healthcare speakers, consultants, and writers who wish to enhance their own business and the business of the clients they serve. Together through shared knowledge, a desire to help others be the best they can be, and a passion for excellence in healthcare, SCN is reshaping the speaking, consulting, and writing industries.
Founded in 1997 by the legendary Linda Miles, CSP, CMC, and now owned by SCN’s CEO, Lois Banta, of Banta Consulting, SCN continues to thrive and provide fellow dental and healthcare consulting professionals a place to learn, to speak, to share and to grow together.
“Joining SCN was one of the best business decisions I have ever made. The opportunity to network with other professionals in my field, and to learn from the ‘best of the best’ has been invaluable in helping me grow and continually improve my own business.”
When you join the Speaking Consulting Network, you gain access to a number of benefits for yourself and your business. These include:
Opportunities to market to healthcare meeting planners throughout the year via our website, ads, and other printed materials.
An annual “learning lab” to perfect speaking, consulting, and writing skills and develop personally and professionally.
Opportunities to network with other speaking, consulting, and writing colleagues at the conference and during social hours.
The chance to learn how to develop products such as books, DVDs, and CDs to increase your visibility and generate income.
Meeting VIP editors, meeting planners, and corporate sponsors from leading companies that hire or sponsor speakers and authors.
Periodic emails throughout the year from SCN members providing information on how to grow your business. Opportunities to share news and educational pieces on the SCN blog.
Participation in SCN’s powerful Mastermind sessions – featuring powerful presenters from the consulting realm.
grow your business
The opportunity to grow your business in new and endless ways. By joining the network, you join a group dedicated to helping you perfect your skills and provide you with opportunities. Many members see immediate returns, receiving an onslaught of invitations to speak and write.
A Message from Lois Banta
I joined SCN in 1998 while still working full time in a dental practice. Linda Miles founded SCN in 1997 and I had contacted her to help me define my next journey as a Consultant, Speaker and Author. Two years after becoming a member, I quit my full time job and dedicated myself full time to my new business, Banta Consulting, Inc.
I attribute my quick success to this organization. It was here that I fine tuned the design and purpose of Banta Consulting, became an international speaker and eventually, through writing many articles, was featured on the cover of Dental Economics, October 2012 edition. In 2010, I purchased SCN from Linda and it was truly the best decision ever. Now I am in a position to mentor and coach those coming into this amazing profession.
At SCN, you will meet consultants, speakers and authors who have also built successful businesses. But that’s not the best part…SCN is truly a networking organization. I refer to and partner with my SCN colleagues frequently and happily. SCN is also THE place to be seen by meeting planners looking for speakers, consulting organizations looking for consultants and editors of journals looking for authors.
Thank you, to all of the amazing professionals that make SCN what it is today and if you are considering joining, we are ready to welcome you and help you speak, share, and GROW!
– Lois Banta, CEO/Owner, SCN
What sets SCN apart from other professional organizations?
SCN is a true “networking” organization dedicated to building relationships in the consulting, speaking and writing profession. Our members refer to each other, share business tips and sincerely support each other as we build a successful business.
What is “Spotlight on Speaking?”
Spotlight on Speaking is a competition during the SCN annual conference where 6 speakers give 10 minutes of their best materials in front of our members and are judged by professional speakers and meeting planners. The 1st place winner receives the coveted SOS award and bragging rights.
What are the benefits of becoming a member of SCN?
- The benefits are that SCN is the “go to” organization for Meeting Planners seeking speakers for their meetings, for Consulting organizations seeking to hire consultants and for Editors of major dental journals to acquire authors for their journals.
- SCN provides education by Nationally and Internationally renowned speakers in building a successful speaking/consulting/writing career
- SCN is dedicated to promote the spirit of “net-giving” and networking in a positive environment.
- The comradery of our members create excitement in supporting each other’s growing professions. SCN members have made lifelong friendships and we frequently get together at other conference creating mini SCN meetings around the country.
- Our SCN members expand their knowledge base creating an environment of openly sharing information for the betterment of our profession.
I have been consulting/speaking for many years… what will I learn to improve my business?
- You will learn additional tools to grow your business
- You will understand a new way to run a successful business
- You will acquire new skills to maintain the success of your business
- You will grow your support network in the most positive way.
I am brand new to the speaking and consulting business… how will SCN help me find my path?
- Day one is dedicated to our new members. We have new members who have not started their new consulting, speaking and writing businesses and new member day helps define their “path”. In fact, there is so much information shared that our returning members frequently come back to day one to re-visit what they learned their first year.
- You will meet others in the profession who began as you did and they will share their stories, ideas and strategies on how to build your business the right way…the first time.
- You will learn the tools and strategies to start your business and have the opportunity listen to success stories to impart confidence that you made the right decision.
- You will have a network of members volunteering to assist you with questions and strategies…for a lifetime
- With paid registration, you will receive one-on-one coaching from our owner, Lois Banta, pre-conference.
- You will be partnered with an existing SCNer to guide you through the meeting, and overall SCN experience.
Why is it called a “network”?
It is called a “network” because our members truly dedicate themselves to connecting with other SCNers and to stay connected throughout their business careers.
Is SCN only for people in the dental industry?
No…we have many members outside the dental industry. We have members in the medical and healthcare professions, small business entrepreneurs assisting others in growing their business, financial experts, accountants and much more.
What are “sponsoring partners”?
- Our “sponsoring partners” are companies dedicated to sharing their expertise through exhibiting at our conference
- Our “sponsoring partners” are extended members of the SCN family. They share information, tools, products and strategies with our members so we can bring this valuable information to our audiences and clients. SCN is dedicated to creating a phenomenal experience for our SP’s by including them in our conference.
- Our Sponsoring Partners are in the room with the conference, invited to all breakout and general sessions, breakfasts, lunches, farewell dinner so they can truly experience the spirit of SCN.